Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Falcon Productions, returns.

Muhahahahhaa.

I wonder if anyone recalls the Falcon's Productions, the one where I somehow chucked a 3 gig DVD ISO into 6 discs or something along those lines (GTA:SA XD)

Since then, I've kinda gone inactive, due to a lack of decent games and the fact that I myself don't play a lot of games.

But now, it's time to rise from the ashes.

>:)

One of my subject has a CD as a textbook, which, obviously, is very well and annoyingly protected. As it costs over $60 for a first hand (60% price for 2nd hand), my friends and I decided to use a cheap way out and make copies of the CD.

However, during Autorun and Installation, it will install a bunch of dlls into your C:/ drive, which is very annoying if your C:/ is pretty full. On top of that, while the discs burns easily (Note that this is a 2002 disc. No SecureROM and all that Jazz and certainly no Starforce), the CD-rom drive seems to take a whole lot longer to read the disc when compared to the original. When I tried installing using the burnt disc, the auto-run simply screws up and dies off.

Knowing that this isn't an issue with protection, but just ridiculously silly and annoying coding, I decided to just go for broke.

Make an image of the CD, then run it straight from the Hard Drive, reducing time needed to run due to the ridiculously amount of time it takes to read from the CD.

And, it worked!

$60 saved! \o/

Woo hoo.

I guess I'm still in it.

Falcon Productions!

Muhahahhahahaa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home